Search

Custom Search

September 10, 2009

Cube Life...

So I didn't even know my blog existed. My good sis Vanessa found it, and I am pretty sure she is the only one that reads it (HEY SIS!!). Anyways, for her sake and mine I am going to give this blog thing another shot. So here goes.

Now with my new job I am reacquainted with "cube life." You know, where everyone knows everything about you and you share walls with people. A life very similar to living in your college apartment, just minus your friends, tv, beer and anything else fun that you did in there (if its like my college apartments, its roughly the same size as well). Of course you have your standard people I've come to realize.

You have "YouTube," guy. You know the type, he is always up to date on the 35,863,283,232 you tube videos out there and knows precisely the one that is the rage for that day. He gets nothing done and thinks in some twisted way that by finding funny homemade videos other people make, this somehow makes him funny?? I know, its puzzling to me too.

Then you have your loud talker, who no one likes. This person makes it awkward for everyone with their lack of regard for anyone else working. That guy sucks, and usually is fat and smells. It is a prerequisite that he has some old ghetto cellphone your parents have and it has to be on the LOUDEST volume setting possible. Rule one for normal people is turn the phone to vibrate or silent. Not this guy he doesn't play by those rules. What is even worse is that when this loud, boisterous tone erupts and makes you jump out of your seat beacuse it surprised you he picks up the cell phone and still manages to one up his cube volume setting and goes into straight out yelling into the phone because of poor reception, he thinks, when in reality its his hearing getting worse because of the volume he speaks at on the phone.

Lastly you have the anal person. This person is the neat freak and disgusts you because their desk is perfectly clean, and everything is organized. I find myself wanting to go in their cube and fart, just to infuse it with some sort of dirtyness. At my office this is the same person who is the over-decorator of their cube. Now I am all about jazzing up the cube, and adding some personal touches and what not, but I shit you not, this guy I work with brought in 30 pieces of "flare" for his cube. Like I said he is also the clean, organized cube guy and has them all strategically aligned like they are preparing for battle. Aside from farting in his cube I want to steal the 14 bobbleheads he brought in and hide them all over our office.

Now don't mistake me for a pooper in the punch. I like fun and creativness as much as the next guy, but isn't standard cube decor for a man just something like a favorite college team pint glass, maybe a calendar and a picture of the girlfriend/fiancee/wife?? Not this guy, he has like a 16 x 20 FRAMED pictures in there. I have like 2, 5x7's that are hung up by scotch tape. What gives?

Anyways, he annoys me and probably everyone around him. People are so weird. I got 20$ says this guy at my work, is a definite whitey titey guy. These are observations I have made throughout all of my jobs that have involved cubes, which is 2.

Wow this was fun, More to come later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi husband to be. I'm happy that you started this blog. It will be hilarious, just like you :) Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should post every day, b/c you and your fiancee and your blogs are the only thing keeping me awake right now in class.

    ReplyDelete